Friday, July 22, 2011

32 weeks




Well everyone we have made it to 32 weeks. This week marks the start of our weekly fetal monitoring visits. The bottom picture shows me all wired up and the girls heartrates being monitored. Basically the girls heartrate has to be monitored for a full 20 minutes a week. They have to have 2 spikes of the their heartrate; 15 bpm higher than their resting. Morgan ( baby B) passed the test right away while Mackinzie lingered and took her time. Whenever the nurse would try and stimulate them to move and get their heartrates up Mackinzie would move and be off the monitor. Needless to say I will have my hands full with her. :) We will have their weight checked via ultrasound every other week so next Monday we will find out the their weight ( roughly).
The summer heat has really taken a toll on my feet, hands, face and legs. As you can see in the pics I have really retained alot of fluid.... EVERYWHERE! I am really trying to keep my feet elevated above my heart and drink lots of fluids! Other than that I have some indigestion and have been dealing with alot of tingling and pain in my hands, wrists and finger joints. I have read that this is normal and my Dr. does not seeme to be alarmed. My blood pressure is good and my weight gain is steady. All checked out good with Dr. Stanzyck except the fact that he got onto me about having a strawberry lemonade.... he only likes me to drink water. :)
As we approach the girls arrival I am starting to get more anxious and excited. Sometimes I feel as though I will not make it another week but suprisingly I do.... I am still working on getting the room put together but that should be done by next week. I find that the weeks seem to fly by now and I cannot believe we are almost finished. I cannot wait to see their little faces and touch their hands and feet and see their eyes for the first time. Even though this is the hardest part of the pregnancy I still feel sooooo blessed to be having these two miracles. I am very fortunate to be having a relatively calm pregnancy. I hear horror stories of mothers of twins and how I really have not experienced any real hardships. I continuely pray that the Lord keeps them safe and that we make it another week so that they can grow and be able to come into this world with no problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment