Wednesday, August 17, 2011

36 weeks.... and almost done!

Here we are at 36 weeks. These last couple of weeks have dragged on sooooo sloooowwww! I am so ready to have these girls yet they seem perfectly content being womb mates. This past week we had some challenges and had to be up in springfield 3 times in one week. As most of you know the trip from Lebanon to Springfield is about 35-45 minutes with traffic and it is not fun to sit in the car that long being this pregnant.
Our monday visit went off fine with Dr Fraser. They are still very active and everything looked great on their end. I had talked to Dr Fraser about these severe headaches I was getting and he decided to do some lab work. He test my blood count and all my electrolytes and made sure my liver was ok and he also tested my uric acid and protein in my urine. The protein is to test for pre eclampsia and when the results came back I was 1 point over the breaking point to have it. So Dr Stanzyck ( my obgyn) had me come in on Friday for monitoring to make sure the babies were ok and sure enough they were.
Saturday came and we had to make a trip to triage. I had some leaking fluid and thought it was my water leaking. Went up to springfield and was tested and monitored and again everything was ok. We left very disappointed but there was nothing else to be done.
So now we are in our 36 week and almost to 37 and Dr Stanzyck has given us the medical clearance to have a c section on Tuesday, August 23rd. This is AMAZING news for us because if my protein would not have been a little high we would probably be delivering in September. I am super excited to have this date set and I am literally counting down the days, hours, minutes and seconds.
I know this week is going to go by even slower because the fact that I am dwelling on my c section date so I am trying to do things while keeping my feet propped up because they are ALWAYS swollen.
I cannot believe that in less than a week I will be holding my girls and this will be over. I would love to say that this last month has not been that bad but I would be lying if I did. Between the headaches, pelvic pain and constant discomfort of extra fluid I am ready to have these two.
We had them estimate how big they are on the ultrasound and Baby A ( mackinzie) is about 4lbs 14 oz and baby B ( morgan) is said to be 5lbs 70z. So I think they are going to be just fine and not have to spend any time in the NICU. They are growing and getting stronger everyday and the ultrasound tech mentioned if things were different with my health that they probably would stay closer to 40 weeks..... this people are CRAZY!
So Monday we have our 2 dr appointments and tuesday is the BIG day. It is kind of strange to think the next time I update this blog I will have pictures of the girls and be done with this pregnancy. Until then...... we will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment